Job ID: 20NSH92438
Oct 13 (8d ago)
WH23C: Min $26.77/hr.-Mid-$33.86/hr.-Max-$40.93hr.
Qualifications: The Emergency Medical Services Supervisor must have at least four (4) years EMS experience. It is required that the Emergency Medical Services Supervisor have at least two (2) years of EMS driving experience with a good driving record. Driver’s license with NJ driving privileges. The Emergency Medical Services Supervisor must be able to pass a medical evaluation and a respirator fit test and wear an N95 particulate filter respirator mask in accordance with PEOSHA standards as a condition of employment. It is desirable that the Emergency Medical Services Supervisor speaks Spanish and has urban EMS experience. The Emergency Medical Services Supervisor must possess and maintain current and active credentials in good standing (as an EMT, Paramedic or Mobile Intensive Care Nurse, whichever is applicable), (as determined by initial and periodic Primary Source Verification) as follows:
- Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician – (EMT) in NJ, PA, NY, DE, MD, VA, WV, or Washington, D.C., or any other member of the Atlantic EMS council – NJ EMT Reciprocity must be obtained prior to completion of probationary period or certification as a NJ Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic (MICP) or Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN).
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for the Healthcare Provider;
- (MICP or MICN only) AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider or (MICP or MICN only) AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider or Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals –Advanced (PEPP-A) Provider
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Provider or Basic or International Trauma Life Support (BTLS or ITLS) Provider; Candidates not possessing either of these credentials must obtain in the first year of employment or promotion into this position.
- Incident Command System (ICS) Level 200.
- Incident Command System (ICS) Level 300; Candidates not possessing this credential must obtain in the first year of employment or promotion into this position.
- Must have successfully completed the following courses at the time of hire or promotion:
- EMS Hazmat Awareness and Operations Level
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) Awareness
- National Response Plan, an Introduction.
Primary Source Verification: NJ Department of Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services, NJ Motor Vehicle Commission, Tabb, Inc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The EMS Supervisor must be in excellent physical condition, able to work in all weather and environmental conditions, able to lift and move patients in all circumstance. The EMS Supervisor must be able to perform all duties consistent with providing BLS in the pre-hospital environment. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 125 lbs. occasionally.
Responsibilities: The primary purpose of the Emergency Medical Services Supervisor is to provide for the orderly operation of the EMS system, respond to incidents requiring an EMS Supervisor for problem solving or decision making, complete all required reports and documentation, enforce operational policies and procedures, observe and evaluate employee performance, provide pre-hospital First Responder Basic Life Support (BLS) in all weather conditions, provide leadership and direction to EMS Personnel, consider, meet, and exceed the expectations of customers and patients of all ages and from all populations while using age and population appropriate equipment and techniques and while actively seeking other assigned duties to support efficient EMS operations and represent UH, and EMS in a positive and professional manner.
University Hospital offers a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package.Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. For more information, visit www.uhnj.org/hrweb.