Flight Nurse, Per Diem
Job ID: 19NSH97616
Jul 29 (106d ago)
Qualifications: Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey, BSN preferred, and have at least three (3) years of critical care nursing experience in an Intensive Care Unit or Emergency Department setting, or six (6) months previous Flight Nurse experience is required. It is preferred that the Flight Nurse have at least one (1) year of pre-hospital Advanced Life Support experience. It is preferred that the Flight Nurse have at least two (2) years of EMS driving experience with satisfactory driving record. The Flight Nurse must be able to pass a medical evaluation and a respirator fit test and wear an N95 particulate filter respirator mask in accordance with PEOSHA standards. Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills preferred. The Flight Nurse must possess and maintain current and active credentials in good standing (as determined by initial and periodic Primary Source Verification) as follows:
- NJ Registered Nurse licensure
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN), Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN), Certified Transport Registered Nurse (CTRN) or Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification. Certified Flight Nurse (CFRN)/ NJ Flight Nurse (NJ FN) and MICN/MICP certification must be obtained prior to the completion of the probationary period and maintained without interruption.
- After obtaining certification as a CFRN, other certifications do not have to be maintained.
- Driver’s license with NJ driving privileges. Driver’s license must be in accordance with the DOT/MVC regulations for the type/size/weight of the vehicle(s) as assigned.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for the Healthcare Provider
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider
- AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider OR
- Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals –Advanced (PEPP-A) Provider OR
- Emergency Nurse Pediatrics Course (EPNC) Provider
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Provider
- OR Basic or International Trauma Life Support (BTLS or ITLS) Provider OR Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC)
- Incident Command System (ICS) Level 100
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) Awareness
Responsibilities: The primary purpose of the Flight Nurse position is to provide and direct pre-hospital Basic and Advanced Life Support (BLS, ALS) and hospital patient care in all weather conditions, in concert with, and as a member of, the patient care team, under the direction of a licensed Medical Control Physician (MCP) and under the supervision of the Chief Flight Nurse/Air Medical Coordinator, to patients of all ages and from all populations who experience critical illness or injury, using age and population appropriate equipment and techniques to safely assess, treat, lift, move and transport patients to an appropriate medical facility, while completing all required documentation and other assigned duties supporting efficient EMS operations and representing University Hospital, and EMS in a positive and professional manner.
University Hospital offers a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. For more information, visit www.uhnj.org/hrweb.