Internal Auditor I (Hospital-Medical-Academic)
Job ID: 18NSH97329
Jul 11 (191d ago)
Management - Non-Clinical
YS28S: Min: $74,061 - Mid: $88,558 - Max: $103,054
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field is required
• Minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in a hospital internal audit or similar area, preferably in an academic medical center.
• Advanced degree and credentials, such as Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant, are preferred.
Necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience also include the following:
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, as in the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors, and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards published by the Government Accountability Office of the federal government.
- Knowledge of information systems and technology terminology, concepts and practices.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions, as well as in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Advanced skills in computer and software use (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database, data analysis, presentations, automated work papers) to prepare, document, and present analyses, test results, summaries, memoranda, and reports.
- Effective oral and written communications, including active listening and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships with co-workers, consultants, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
A combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Sr Information Technology (IT) Audit Manager or the Director Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor I performs professional internal auditing work including planning and executing financial, operational, IT, and compliance audits or projects. The Internal Auditor I provides consulting services to University Hospital management and staff. The Internal Auditor I contributes to the development of the Annual Audit plan and complies with all organization requirements and professional standards. The Internal Auditor I identifies and understands issues or problems, and develops integrated recommendations or solutions within a broad technical and organizational context. This is an advanced staff position responsible for critical work and complex projects. While subject to supervision, the nature of the position allows latitude for initiative and independent judgment. In addition, the Internal Auditor I may provide guidance and training to more junior staff.
University Hospital offers a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including on-site child care. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. For more information, visit www.uhnj.org/hrweb.